A new and exciting canoe race debuts in Belize this October - find out more about the route and how to register.
In his second guest post, Svein discusses a few custom modifications that can make your canoe feel unique and personalized.
After a mishap on the river, Andrew Cottingham patched a hole in his canoe with all-new cedar strips and fresh fiberglass.
Two Ottawa creators come together to put an original, modern twist on a classic woodstrip canoe hull.
Posts by Category
- Stapleless Canoe Building Retrospective by Svein Løvaas
- Repairing Seadoggie: A Woodstrip Canoe Builder's Photo Essay by Andrew Cottingham
- My Stems Split During Steambending. Do I Need to Start Over?
- How to Build a Stapleless Hull by Svein Løvaas
- How Long Will My Canoe Build Take?
- One Canoe, Four Configurations: Customizing a Redbird for a Paddling Family
- Woodstrips Around the World: Bear Mountain South Korea
- Ted's Back Catalogue: Epoxyworks 1998-2013
- When the Worst Happens: How to Repair a Damaged Canoe
- MDF vs. Particleboard: Which Is Better for Molds?
- To Keel or Not to Keel?
- Say No to Sealer Coats
- Comparison: Champlain 16' vs. Prospector Ranger 15'
- How to Build a Wooden Canoe Cradle
- Storage Tips for Your Wooden Canoe
- How to Work With Glue When Planking Your Canoe
- 4 Ways to be a Better Canoe Builder
- Why You Should Build a Stapleless Canoe
- Canoe Building Safety
- Strip Planking and Safety When Working with Epoxy
- Strip Planking With Epoxy and Less Than Ideal Wood
- New Uses for Epoxy in Skeg Construction
- How to Fiberglass a Strip-Planked Boat
- 4mm Plywood vs. Cedar Strip Planking - Durability
- Fiberglassing a Woodstrip Hull - Techniques for a Perfect Clear Finish
- Creative Collaboration: Andrew Szeto and Drew Mosley's Painted Canoe
- Canoe as Alternative Education: Building a Prospector at Old Orchard Beach High School
- Mark Whittaker's Prospector: From Inspiration to Launch Day
- Canoes, Cameras, and Shop Class: Updates from the Q.C. Tech Shop
- Building a Kayak One Frame at a Time: The Work of w.werft
- With this Canoe I Thee Wed: A Model Proposal
- Today Is Not that Day! by Dean Smoll
- The Triple Crown - Lynnae and Doug Loeks
- How to Launch a Canoe from a Third-Storey Window, with Nick Offerman
- Andrew Cottingham's Prospector Ranger
- School Floats Student Success
- Diamonds on the Water - Prince Harry's Royal Racing Canoe
Canoecraft on the Water Video Contest
- Canoecraft on the Water Winner: André Martel's Endeavour 17
- Canoecraft on the Water Winner: Lauren & Reid's Bob's Special
- Canoecraft on the Water Winner: Frazer Johnson on the Water
- Canoecraft on the Water Winner: "Getting Along Just Fine" by Chad Gehring
- Canoecraft on the Water Contest Winners
Ted's Epoxyworks Articles
- From the Archive: Ruta Maya Belize River Challenge Documentary
- Kayakcraft Companion Video Released for Free
- The Art of Paddle Carving Released for Free
- Celebrating Canadian Canoe Culture with Goh Iromoto's "The Canoe"
- An Interview with Ron Frenette - Canoecraft Conversation Series
- Canoecraft Workshop Series Available on YouTube
Bear Mountain News
- 2017: Year in Review
- 40 Years of Boat Building: an Interview by Andrew Szeto
- Westport Workshop: Progress Report
- Banook Canoe Club and Bear Mountain Boats Featured on CBC News
- CHEX News Covers the Bear Mountain Workshop Move
- North Canoe for Sale
- Bear Mountain Boats Featured on MakerCast
- Bear Mountain Boats Is Moving
- Nick Offerman's Good Clean Fun
- 2015: Year in Review
- Celebrating a Job Well Done: Woodstrip Canoe Course, Sept 27-Oct 3
- My Canoecraft Contest Winners!
- Bear Mountain Boats, Nick Offerman and Canoeroots Magazine
- Bear Mountain Boats Mentioned in Popular Science Magazine
- Messing About At The Canadian Canoe Museum
- War Canoe Challenge
- Bear Mountain Boats to Paddle from Milan to Venice
- 40th Anniversary of Bear Mountain Boats
- Sparks Article in Epoxyworks
- Award Winner!
- Nick Offerman on Martha Stewart
- Sparks Shakedown Cruise Itinerary
History, Sprint Canoeing, and More
- Belize by Canoe: The First Annual New River Quest
- War Canoes 101
- Thoughts on Paddling with Kids
- Paddle to Power: Trent Severn Antique and Classic Boat Association Show
- Building Across Generations: Celebrating Brownsea Base's 50th Anniversary
- The Sweetest Boat This Side of Heaven: Restoring Guy Lombardo's Tempo VII
- North Canoe Stempieces, Then and Now
- To Prince Charles and Lady Diana, from Pierre Trudeau
- The Original Moaning Chair
- Why No Steel Inwale Fasteners?